Work directly with the customer to define the problem, troubleshoot, and achieve resolution. Act as the face to the customer. Work with engineering on escalated problems to troubleshoot and reproduce.
The individual must have strong problem solving skills. Field service experience in customer facing roles is ideal. The candidate should be able to function as a system or storage administrator and understand general security such as permissions and root access. Actual systems/storage administration experience is a plus.
• 5-10 years of industry experience in a customer support, or system administration role at an enterprise storage level, RAID, or SAN/Block Technology e.g. FCP, iSCSI or NAS
• Experience as an escalation level support engineer who works directly with engineering
• Knowledge and hands on experience in the following: SAN Switch/Fabric: Core Edge Topology, Fiber Channel Routing and Protocol, host bus adapters, Storage management
• Proven troubleshooting ability to perform end-to-end (host to storage) diagnosis of SAN configurations in a multivendor environment
• Experience configuring, analyzing logs and managing FC switches from Brocade/McData, Cisco, Qlogic
• Administration level OS knowledge of: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, VMware
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot storage IO protocols: SCSI, FC, iSCSI
• Experience with enterprise storage systems and networking technologies
• Knowledge of DNS, WINS, and Routing
• Excellent communication skills, case management, and customer interaction skills are essential
• Previous technical support experience
• The following are of benefit, but not required:
• Backup Applications – Veritas NetBackup, Legato Networker, or other DMP
• Database applications (Oracle, SQL server, DB@)
A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
Apply for this role
Please email your resume and the job you are applying for to email@example.com