Reporting to the Director of Customer Support, the position is responsible for managing and building the L2 customer support team. The team is key to providing a high level of customer satisfaction through the effective delivery of technical support and customer service programs.
This L2 team in the Support organization is responsible for working on customer problems associated with our system. The support issues can range from various hardware and/or software issues with the systems to multi-system, multi-vendor, and multi-network interoperability issues. Strong troubleshooting skills are essential and required. Critical requirement is to be able to manage the entire customer experience, working with Sales, Engineering and other parts of the company.
Responsible for being the focal point to own, manage and drive high visibility and cross functional technical issues for the most critical customers. Support the Sales organization and own coordination of resources and communication of the issues that have company-wide visibility and have significant business impact where the business relationship and/or future Sales opportunities are at risk. This position includes on call coverage.
• Build the team: hire, lead, and manage L2 personnel to deliver critical support services
• Lead the team to define and develop customer problem resolution plans, tracking milestones, deliverables, and reporting status to affected parties
• Develop standardized processes for providing support
• Participate in new products technical support and delivery reviews.
• Work closely with the Sales and SE teams to identify potentially critical customer issues before they escalate
• Provide technical leadership
• Identify ways to improve support delivery, and make the support team more efficient
• Work closely with other departments to escalate customer issues as needed and drive resolution
• Facilitate communication between the L2 teams and the customer
• Identify and drive resolution of pervasive issues
• Feedback lessons learned and post-mortems to specific organizations to improve overall product and processes.
• 5-10 years of industry experience in a customer support, or system administration role
• 5+ years experience in managing technical support and/or escalations
• Strong technical skills in several of these areas: NFS/CIFS, networking, SAN or NAS, Unix or Windows administration
• Excellent communication skills, troubleshooting, and customer interaction skills are essential
• Skills and knowledge in any of the following areas are a plus:
• RAID, SAN/Block Technology e.g. FCP, iSCSI
• Backup Applications – Veritas NetBackup, Legato Networker, or other DMP
• Experience in supporting large enterprise customers
A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
Apply for this role
Please email your resume and the job you are applying for to email@example.com